Fourteen litter louts who failed to pay fines have had the amount they must pay increased more than 500 per cent, after Hounslow Council took them to court.
Initial £80 fines which could have been settled for £50 if paid in within ten days, were increased to £150.
Each fine dodger also has to pay court costs of £100 and a victim surcharge of £20 making the total fine £270.
Councillor Amrit Mann, Deputy Leader of Hounslow Council said: “We will never apologise for being tough on those who think it’s ok to litter, dump rubbish or undertake other anti-social behaviour. The message is clear, if you wouldn’t do it in your home, don’t do it on our streets.
“If you receive a fine, do the right thing. Pay up as soon as possible and learn from your mistakes. If you don’t, we won’t hesitate to take further action, as we have done in these cases.”
A number of litter louts were summoned to Feltham Magistrates Court this week after they failed to pay their littering fine.
Seven prosecutions were withdrawn after most of these people cleared their fine before the court date.
One case was adjourned for two weeks. Four attended court and pleaded guilty.
The following people were fined a total of £270 in their absence:
– Lviu Loan, Richmond Road, Staines
– Desislava Marinova, Hanworth Road, Hounslow
– Marcin Kucala, London Road, Hounslow
– Maria Boys, Claypole Drive, Hounslow
– Jamie Stevens, Clayton Crescent, Brentford
– Konrad Wrona, Leyton Road, Hounslow
– Naegoe Naum, Elmer Gardens, Isleworth
– Arezoo Yamkangaz, Holly Road, Hounslow
– Zbigniew Belzowski, Bulstrode Road, Hounslow
– Nigel Dennis Pottle, Worple Road, Isleworth
– Karyn Kharira, Padbury Close, Bedfont
– Mustafa Tahchiev, Central Avenue, Hounslow
– Hayley Colgate, Furzeham Road, West Drayton
– Kerrie Louise Clark, Estridge Close, Hounslow
The following people appeared in court, put forward their defence but pleaded guilty:
– Cian Harris Conyard, London Road, Isleworth. Fined £85, costs of £100 and victim surcharge of £20. A Collection Order was made and Mr Conyard must pay the amount within 28 days.
– Darren Cook, Montague Road, Hounslow. Fined £85, costs of £100 and victim surcharge of £20. A collection order was made.
– Caroline Anne Carroll, Percy Gardens, Isleworth. Handed a six month conditional discharge and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £15.
– Rishi Kumar Nayyar, Brabazon Road, Hounslow. Given a six month conditional discharge, victim surcharge £15.