It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
Good tidings and tinsel arrive in Hounslow next week with a number of events taking place to start the countdown to Christmas.
The Winter Nights Carnival opens the festivities in Feltham on Wednesday 18 November, where local schools and community groups will take part in a procession with lanterns and light installations followed by a Winter Lights Celebration parade with Christmas lanterns three days later in Hounslow Town Centre.
With only six weeks to go until the big day, there’s lots to see and do for all ages. Christmas lights will be switched on around the borough and the popular Christmas markets with a host of food and crafts, are back again for everyone to enjoy.
And for the younger members of the family, Santa will be in his grotto at the Treaty Centre, from Saturday 14 November.
And to help make those last minute food and gift present shopping trips a little easier, all car parks and on-street Pay & Display bays will be free to park in all day on Christmas Eve.
Councillor Steve Curran, Leader of Hounslow Council said: “Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. All of the town centres in the borough will be very colourful and will have a magical atmosphere.
“There are lots of events taking place which we hope everyone gets the chance to enjoy as they prepare for Christmas.”
- Santa will be in his grotto at the Treaty Centre, High Street, Hounslow, from Saturday 14 November. www.treatyshoppingcentre.co.uk
- Wednesday 18 November, A Winters Night Carnival will see local schools and community groups in a procession with lanterns and light installations before the event ends with a spectacular illuminated circus performance, Christmas lights switch on, The Piazza, The Centre, Feltham, 4.45pm-5.30pm
- Saturday 21 November, Winter Lights Celebration, local schools and community groups take part in lantern parade from ASDA to Church Square and Bell Square, Hounslow, 7pm.
- Thursday 26 November, Christmas lights switch on, Christmas food and craft market, 12-9pm with switch on at 6pm, George IV pub, Chiswick High Road with Chiswick Business Collective, Shop Chiswick & Fullers.
- Friday 27 November, Christmas lights switch on and festive songs, Market Square, Brentford High Street, 5pm-6pm.
- Saturday 5 December, Isleworth Community Association hosts Christmas fair and market, Christmas lights switch on and carols at 3pm, Santa in his grotto, children’s fairground, night market and food court, 3pm-7pm.
- Saturday 5 December, Soul in the City event at Holy Trinity Church, High Street, Hounslow, fun for all the family with face painting, music and more, 12noon to 8.30pm.
- Wednesday 16 December to Tuesday 22 December, Christmas Market, Feltham, 8am-9pm [Sunday 20 December 10am-5pm], The Piazza, The Centre, Feltham