A FREE exhibition commemorating the start of the First World War has opened at the Civic Centre, London Borough of Hounslow.
The centenary exhibition boards feature stories and information about Hounslow and its residents both on active service and Home Front.
Councillor Amrit Mann, deputy leader of Hounslow Council said: “Hounslow is proud of its past and major contribution to the First World War.
“This exhibition commemorates the borough’s involvement and is a memorial to all those from the borough who fought and those who contributed to the Home Front too.”
The exhibition will stay at the Civic Centre until December and sections of it will go on tour in libraries in the borough.
The dates and places are:
- Civic Centre – 30 July to 1 December
- Gunnersbury Park Museum – 12 August to 22 September
- Boston Manor House – 12 August to 7 November
- Heston Library – 23 September to 7 November
- Bedfont Library – 23 September – 20 October
- Osterley Library – 23 September – 15 December
For more detail on Hounslow Remembers visit: www.hounslow.gov.uk/ww1