Last minute shoppers will have a few more pennies to spend on their loved ones this yuletide after Hounslow Council confirmed they will waive parking charges across the borough this Christmas Eve.
Leader of Hounslow Council, Cllr Steve Curran said: “Many people are still struggling to make ends meet so we would thought we would lend a helping hand.
“Hopefully this small present from us will help those on the desperate last minute shop buying their loved ones something a bit special this Christmas.”
The news comes as the council announced a series of Christmas events today starting this Saturday when the mayor of Hounslow, Cllr Corinna Smart will switch on Christmas lights by Holy Trinity Church in Hounslow High Street from at 4.30pm.
Other seasonal events include:
- Saturday 22 November, 4.30pm Winter Lights – a celebration by Holy Trinity Church
- Thursday 27 November, 6pm Christmas Lights George IV Pub, Chiswick High Road, experience festive cheer Fullers style with carols and other entertainment, shire horses, mulled wine and mince pies
- Saturday 6 December – Hounslow market launch
- Saturday 6 December, 11am-7pm Wander among the giant illuminated tulips, Bell Square
- Friday 28 November, Open from 4.30-7.30pm Fire Garden, Brentford Lock – discover a magical world of fiery flowers, flaming trees and burning bull rushes
- Sunday 7 and 14 December, 10-4pm Christmas Market and Festive Carols Brentford Market Place
- Saturday 13 December, 2-8pm Christmas Market, Swan Court, Shrewsbury Court and Isleworth Village Green, Old Isleworth