Do you care about the health of your business? And/or are you interested in exploring a new marketplace? If so, there are two initiatives to provide innovation support to London SMEs jointly funded by Brunel University London and the European Regional Development.
conferences are FREE and will take place at Brilliant Restaurant (72-76 Western Road, Southall, London UB2 5D2). In addition to industry and professional speakers, we are pleased to announce two keynote speakers from the Mayor’s Office:
Rajesh Agrawal – Deputy Mayor Business | GLA
Dr Onkar Sahota – Chair | GLA Health Committee
The details are below:
Health and your business – 19th April 2018, 4:00pm to 10:00pm
Why is the health of your business and employees important?
- The average London firm of 250 employees loose around £4,800 per week (or around £250,000 a year) due to sickness absence
- Ill-health among the UK’s working age population costs the economy £100 billion each year – equivalent to the annual cost of running the NHS and the GDP or Portugal
- 10% of UK’s GNP is lost due to job related stress
- Sickness absence costs the UK employers £8.4 billion a year
- Reduced productivity at work through absenteeism costs £15.1 billion per year
- Direct costs of sickness absence due to mental health are high in the UK, with about £8.5 billion or 70 million working days lost
- Only 1 in 10 companies have an official mental health policy in place
- Highly engaged organisations have the potential to reduce staff turnover by 87% and improve performance by 20%
Notice: the two conferences are connected and your business must attend both in order to benefit fully from the opportunity.
For more details and to sign up click here
To learn more about Brunel University London Initiatives, click here