London Borough of Hounslow
The London Borough of Hounslow (Hounslow), home to 276,200 people, is one of the capital’s largest boroughs, covering 56 Square kilometres and stretching from the border of Heathrow Airport in the west to Chiswick in the east. Strategically situated along the A4/M4 corridor, the borough acts as the conduit between central London and the outer west London sub-region including Heathrow Airport.
Hounslow has four main town centres; with Hounslow town centre designated as a Metropolitan Centre in the London Plan; Chiswick as a Major Centre; and Brentford and Feltham as District Centres. there are also large neighbourood centres in: Hounslow West, Bedfont, Isleworth, Crandford, Hanrowth, Heston and Old Isleworth and 36 small neighbourhood centres. The “Golden Mile” which is 2.4 miles in length, extends along the Great West Road(A4) from Gillette Corner to Chiswick Roundabout.
The Borough benefits from 1,225 hectars of Green Belt and 1,123 hectares of open space including Osterley Park, Chiswick House and Gardens, Duke’s Meadows, Gunnersbury Park, Boston Manor Park, Syon Park and Bedfont Lakes Country Park and many other Local open Spaces. Its waterways – River Thames, River Brent, River Crane, Longford River and canals – provide opportunities for leisure, recreation, employment and transport.
Hounslow is uniquely positioned for business
- A gateway to the UK it also offers access to the City of London and to international markets via Heathrow.
- The borough’s transport connectivity was rated in the top 20% of all 325 local authorities in England in 2013 by Local Futures.
- Hounslow is one of London’s strongest performing economies with employment growth of 12% between 2008 and 2013 and as well as business base growth of over 20% between 2009 and 2014.
- There are over 600 VCSE (Voluntary,Community and Social Enterprise Sector) organisations in Hounslow who contribute to the economic vibrancy and wellbeing of Hounslow by providing training, jobs, services and volunteering opportunities.
- Hounslow is home to the likes of Brentford Football Club, Sky Tv and theBritish Standards Institute (BSI) and is anatural location for major UKcorporations and European andInternational headquarters such as GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), JCDecaux, SAP,Cisco, BP, Birds Eye Iglo, LindtChocolate, Discovery Channel, Targusand Stratus Technologies.
- Hounslow is already home to thousands of entrepreneurs, start–ups and some of the world’s biggest multinationals. There are over 12,500 businesses located in the borough,comprising around 143,400 employee jobs.
- Highest concentration of media and broadcasting jobs in London.
- Second highest concentration of transport and logistics jobs in London
- Second highest concentration of ICT and digital jobs in London.